Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Why oh why did I do it?

You may ask yourself, all 2 of you out there reading this, why did you start a blog? The answer is... I don't know. It seemed like something fun to do, and everyone else is doing it, so why not? I love to cook, and I love talking about cooking, so this seemed like an ideal vehicle. I am a "southern yankee", having been extracted from the south I grew up in and replanted in the Pacific NW. A great deal of my cooking still centers around the comfort foods of my childhood, mac-n-cheese, fried chicken, meatloaf, fruit cobblers, etc. However, moving away from the south has given me an outlook on cooking that has allowed me to experiment with a wide range of cuisines, from Mexican to Italian and French to the occasional side trip to Asia. My real passion is baking and I do it every chance I get, my dear husband, here on out referred to as "The Babe", my coworkers, family and friends being my taste testers. As they say, it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

Over the next few days, weeks and months (if you can stick around that long without wanting to poke your eyes out with an icepick), join me in my culinary endeavors...some of which are bound to fail, and if nothing else, will give you something to point and laugh at.

No comments: